Information for international students
MGSM offers the following postgraduate programs for international students:
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- Master of Management
- Graduate Diploma of Management
- Master of Social Entrepreneurship
If you haven’t undertaken recognised studies taught in English, such as a degree, you will need to demonstrate your language proficiency. Recognised English language tests include:
- Academic Module of the International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) - 6.5 overall (minimum 6.0 in each band)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) including the Written Examination (TWE) component - Minimum of 90 overall with a minimum of 20 in Listening, Reading and Speaking and 22 in Structure/Writing.
- Note: exam results are valid for 2 years and your results must be valid at the commencement of your program.
The Macquarie University English Language Centre (ELC) is an IETLS test centre and also conducts intensive English (ELICOS) programs for students preparing for university entry.
International students need to apply for a student visa through the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
To be eligible, you must have accepted a full offer from MGSM or Macquarie University and paid your tuition fees. You will also need overseas student health cover in order to receive a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) form, which the international office at Macquarie University will provide you with.
Studying in Australia
More information about studying in Australia can be found on the Macquarie International website.
Find a local representative
Find a representative in your country with this list of official Macquarie University Representatives. As an international student you can apply to MGSM directly or through one of these representatives. MGSM will only accept applications from these registered representatives. The representatives in this list have contracts with the University and will offer professional and reliable advice to you about its institutions and programs.