Applying emotional intelligence
Designed in collaboration with Genos, this program draws on the latest social neuroscience and organisational performance methods to demonstrate how to apply the core competencies of emotional intelligence in the leadership and management of others.
Through applying emotional intelligence leaders identify how to enhance their impact, influence and resilience, and how to enhance the performance of their people.
Participants undertake the internationally recognised Genos Emotional Intelligence assessment as pre-work and receive their results and assistance in responding to them on the program.
Download the brochure
|3 - 4 April 2017||All Day||North Ryde Campus|
Who is it for?
- Leaders of people or people managers
- Professionals working in roles where high levels of influence and interpersonal effectiveness are required (e.g. Human Resource Professionals)
- Professionals working in sales, customer service or teams
Benefits and outcomes
Participants will learn how to:
- Identify and understand emotions within themselves and others
- Facilitate authentic dialogue and generate high levels of trust and understanding between themselves and others
- Manage their own emotions and build their personal resilience
Following his university studies, Richard gained his early work experience in Australia. Subsequently, Richard took up an appointment as a Senior Social Scientist in the Human Resources Centre of the Tavistock Institute of Human Relations and as Clinical Psychologist with the Adolescent Department of the Tavistock Clinic. His next appointment was as Head of the Department of Social Sciences at the University of East London. During his international career, he held a number of visiting appointments.
Richard returned to Australia to take up the position of Director Human Resources and Organisation with the Pratt Group of Companies.
Richard consults internationally to a number of organisations, working principally with Chief Executives and Senior Management Teams. A major part of his work has been coaching Chief Executives and senior managers to enhance their organisational effectiveness. He has worked for clients across most sectors in the USA, Europe and Asia including AMP, Powercor, Telstra, BHP Billiton, Mallesons, ING, Health Services Australia, Brisbane Transport, NAB, Energy Australia, Melbourne Water, PwC, Federal and State Government Departments.
More Communication & Interpersonal Skills programs
- Communicating with presence and impact
- This program shows students how to effectively communicate in high stakes business environments with greater levels of presence, confidence and clarity
- Breakthrough negotiations
- This program will aim to give students the strong negotiation skills that are essential to building, improving, and maintaining business relationships