Corporate Finance for Senior Executives
Effective capital allocation strategies are key to any business, providing an important framework for growth, portfolio restructuring and performance improvement strategies.
The Corporate Finance for Senior Executives program demonstrates how to measure value in a business and explore the strategic and financial dimensions of value creation.
Using industry-relevant valuation tools and concepts you will learn how to develop capital allocation strategies and how they link to strategy, financial criteria and key organisational processes, such as remuneration, project evaluation and performance measurement. As a result, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the flow and management of financial resources.
The two-day program is delivered by Dr Tony Carlton, an expert facilitator with more than 25 years’ experience, who is also the Director of Corporate Finance programs within Macquarie’s Master of Applied Finance.
Download the brochure
|6-7 March 2019||All day||Macquarie University City Campus||Register|
|13-14 August 2019||All day||Macquarie University City Campus||Register|
Who is it for?
This program is designed for:
- business development and strategy executives
- executives and senior leaders of business units or those in corporate roles
- executives in advisory or consulting roles working with business leaders
- executives wanting to achieve strategic financial goals
- senior commercial managers and analysts.
It is assumed that you will have a basic understanding of financial statement terminology and concepts.
Benefits and Outcomes
At the conclusion of the learning journey, participants will be able to:
- understand how strategic and commercial decisions impact shareholder value
- use common valuation tools, especially the discounted cash flow valuation method, and understand how these tools link to financial performance metrics
- develop a framework for capital allocation that drives performance improvement, growth and portfolio restructuring strategies
- evaluate individual project proposals; analyse the link between business case and financial metrics; and identify and evaluate key project risks, including commercial, strategic and financial.
- understand the broader processes around capital investment decisions and issues in capital allocation within a company, division or business unit.
Dr Tony Carlton
BCom (Hons), MCom (Hons) (UNSW), PhD (Macquarie), SA Fin
Tony manages the corporate finance stream in the prestigious Master of Applied Finance and presents units in corporate finance, advanced valuation, capital allocation strategies and corporate financial strategy.
Tony has more than 25 years’ experience in the manufacturing, resource and agricultural industries. His experience includes all aspects of corporate finance and strategy, including strategic portfolio analysis and restructuring, developing and executing growth strategies, and project evaluation.
He has managed many large acquisitions and divestments in Australia and overseas, and several large-scale balance sheet restructurings.