The Influential Leader
The Influential Leader program focuses on leading and influencing in the ever-changing 21st century organisational world. It is specifically designed for those who are moving into a more strategic leadership role with a larger span of responsibility and influence.
The program will help leaders reassess personal skills, emotional intelligence and impact as they take on broader accountability and challenges. This inward approach helps participants gain knowledge of themselves, how others experience them, and recognise the different drivers that motivate those around them.
The program explores contemporary leadership concepts and techniques with a focus on the relationship between influence and authority. The four-day module incorporates 360-degree, real time peer feedback and meaningful project work based on each participant’s identified organisational challenge.
The Influential Leader is delivered by expert facilitators, who are themselves leaders and influencers, with workplace coaching provided before and after the program.
Download the brochure
|27 - 30 May 2019||All day||Macquarie University City Campus||Register|
|11 - 14 November 2019||All day||Macquarie University City Campus||Register|
Who is it for?
This program is designed for:
- Senior Executives and high performing business or operational managers who are working to achieve outcomes across multiple teams.
- Commonwealth Government– SES Band 1 and EL 2s
- NSW Government – SES Director and Clerk 11/12
Benefits and Outcomes
At the conclusion of the learning journey, participants will be able to:
- Frame and communicate what they stand for – their vision and purpose – and commit to action around this
- Better understand the nature of influence, power and authority and apply strategies and models to influence others
- Work adaptively in a dynamic, uncertain and demanding environment
- Exercise a more holistic perspective, through exposure to diverse information sources and strategic challenges in a systemic context
- Identify personal patterns and defaults and how this helps or hinders them
- Appreciate a culture of learning and use coaching, mentoring and influencing skills to support this
- Work constructively with group dynamics and manage the relationship between influence and authority
- Practice new skills and habits for resilience, priority management and work-life integration
Roslyn is an accredited, strengths based coach, facilitator, leadership developer, mentor, writer and speaker. She brings many years of experience in people management, leadership and program delivery, working with individuals in diverse functions and industries characterised by complex stakeholder relationships and operating landscapes.
Roslyn is passionate about leading and influencing adaptively and evoking a sense of purpose, connected intelligence, creativity and coherent mind.
Larry Marlow’s professional experience includes senior management roles across the public and private sectors in the fields of I.T., marketing, public healthcare, academia, and management consulting.He is a registered clinical and organisational psychologist, an adjunct professor, and highly experienced executive coach. Larry works with individuals, management teams, and organisations to assist business, cultural and personal behavioural change.
He consults to some of Australia’s largest commercial and public sector organisations to assist strategic thinking and enhance leadership capability.