The New Leader
The New Leader program provides participants a clear understanding of the core elements of successful leadership.
Covering key areas such as teams, communication, personal and leadership styles, change management and resilience, participants will gain a deeper understanding of these themes and leave with fresh insights and practical skills and tools they can apply directly in the workplace.
Importantly, participants will have an opportunity to examine their own leadership ‘state of play’ and plan for future success.
The New Leader also provides a unique opportunity to meet and work with people in similar roles across a diverse range of organisations.
Download the brochure
Who is it for?
This program is designed for:
- Managers in the early stages of their career responsible for influencing and motivating others and building a high performance team culture
- Early-to-mid career high potential managers who have at least one year’s experience in a management role
Benefits and Outcomes
Participants will learn how to:
- Enhance awareness of how they are currently performing in their job and tracking in their career
- ‘Reality–check’ their understanding of the skills demanded from successful business leaders
- Identify their strengths as a leader
- Further develop ‘big picture’ strategic skills to broaden strategic perspective
- Explore future development options and the most important skills for higher-level leadership
Colleen Durant is an Organisational Psychologist with 20 years of human capital and organisational development experience, earned through both corporate and consulting roles. Her work has focused on producing tangible improvements in leadership and organisational effectiveness in organisations across Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore and USA. Colleen has led a broad range of leadership development and organisational transformation projects across financial services, health care, manufacturing and government.
Paul Kirkbride is an Adjunct Professor at the Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM). Prior to joining MGSM in 2012 Paul was Deputy Dean, Executive Education and Professorial Fellow at Melbourne Business School/Mt Eliza. For the last 25 years Paul has worked globally with client organisations in the interstices of strategy, change and leadership. Past clients have included Cathay Pacific Airways, BAE, Hong Kong Government, Volkswagen, BASF, Beiersdorf, Scottish Power, and Volvo AB.