Finance for Non Finance Professionals
Finance for Non-Finance Professionals is an interactive and practical program designed to equip business managers with the capacity and insight to make decisions that yield better financial results.
The Finance for Non-Finance Professionals program cuts through the unnecessary clutter and complexity that can overwhelm managers and gives them the fundamental principles which can be relied upon for making sound financial decisions on a day-to-day basis.
Download the brochure
Who is it for?
This program is designed for:
- Managers in any disciplinary backgrounds (outside of the finance function).
- Non-finance specialists, including General Managers, Operations Managers, Project Managers, IT Managers, HR Managers, Business Analysts, Marketing and Sales Managers.
Benefits and outcomes
Participants will learn how to:
- Engage confidently with finance experts and senior management and contribute more effectively in management forums.
- Use finance concepts such as cost of capital, net present value and variable cost to assist in managerial decision making.
- Have a working knowledge of accounting concepts such as accruals, provisions, depreciation and amortisation.
- Understand the characteristics and limitations of economic success measures such as NPAT, EBIT, ROA and EVA.
Jennifer Harrison is a finance professional with 25+ years experience. She is a former senior investment banker who combines a passion for finance with a talent for teaching. She is well known for her lively and interactive presentation style that incorporates real world examples.
Jennifer holds Economics and Law (Hons) degrees from the University of Sydney and a Master of Applied Finance from Macquarie University where she is also an Adjunct Fellow lecturing postgraduate students in financial statement analysis, financial modelling and corporate finance.