Finance for Non Finance Professionals
Finance for Non-Finance Professionals is an interactive and practical program designed to equip business managers with the capacity and insight to make decisions that yield better financial results.
The Finance for Non-Finance Professionals program cuts through the unnecessary clutter and complexity that can overwhelm managers and gives them the fundamental principles which can be relied upon for making sound financial decisions on a day-to-day basis.
Download the brochure
Who is it for?
This program is designed for:
- Managers in any disciplinary backgrounds (outside of the finance function).
- Non-finance specialists, including General Managers, Operations Managers, Project Managers, IT Managers, HR Managers, Business Analysts, Marketing and Sales Managers.
Benefits and outcomes
Participants will learn how to:
- Engage confidently with finance experts and senior management and contribute more effectively in management forums.
- Use finance concepts such as cost of capital, net present value and variable cost to assist in managerial decision making.
- Have a working knowledge of accounting concepts such as accruals, provisions, depreciation and amortisation.
- Understand the characteristics and limitations of economic success measures such as NPAT, EBIT, ROA and EVA.
Vito Mollica is a lecturer and consultant with diverse experience across Australia and Asia. He specialises and teaches in financial management, including teaching business managers who may lack a finance background the fundamental financial principles to make better decisions. At MGSM, his research centres on securities market design, asset selection criteria, quantitative investment research and residential property price dynamics. Vito has consulted to companies including Credit Suisse, Macquarie Bank, RP Data, Reserve Bank of Australia, ASX, AFMA, and Financial Services Council.