Graduate Certificate of Management
Fundamental management skills are the focus of our Graduate Certificate of Management.
With a relevant and practical grounding in management delivered over four course units, opportunities to advance your career are immediate. Or you can choose to use the program as a firm foundation to progress to a Graduate Diploma or Master of Business Administration.
The Graduate Certificate program is designed specifically for students who want to pursue management studies at a postgraduate level but may not yet meet the entry requirements for other higher level MGSM programs, or for those who may have reservations about committing to a full MBA in the short term.
Graduate Certificate of Management quick facts
|Two centres of learning|
State-of-the-art lecture theatres and modern, well-equipped, syndicate rooms at:
|Costs of tuition|
See the MGSM Fees
The Graduate Certificate delivers key learning via a carefully selected suite of four core units, providing the foundation learning required to succeed in today's challenging business environment.
The following four units have been selected to ensure that all students develop a thorough knowledge of key business practices related to finance, marketing and people:
- Accounting for Management
- Marketing Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Strategic Frameworks
No additional elective units are required to be completed during the Graduate Certificate.
Duration and time
- The Graduate Certificate can be completed in 6 months of full-time study or up to 12 months of part-time study, depending on timetable availability.
- Each course unit involves 40 hours of face-to-face lectures, and an additional workload of up to 140 hours over the 10-week term. Students spend this time preparing for lectures, projects, presentations and exams, as well as completing individual and group assignments.
- The Graduate Diploma is available at our North Ryde, Sydney CBD and Hong Kong campuses.
- Prospective students should have an undergraduate degree and a minimum of two years’ relevant work experience at a managerial or professional level for direct entry into the Graduate Certificate.
- If you do not have an undergraduate degree but can demonstrate a minimum of five years' relevant work experience at a managerial or professional level, you may also be eligible for entry.
English language requirements
Applicants who are relying on qualifications gained in countries where English is not the first spoken language may be required to demonstrate proficiency in English.
English language tests recognised by MGSM are International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Applicants should arrange their own test and gain at least the following scores:
|IELTS||6.5 overall (minimum 6.0 in each band)|
TOEFL - paper
TOEFL - internet
* MGSM reserves the right, in addition to the above, to administer further testing.
MGSM has a four term academic year and students can elect to start their program at the beginning of any term. Terms consist of ten weeks of class, one week for exams and one week vacation.
Upcoming MGSM term dates
|Term/Year||Study Ready Workshop||Class Dates||Application Deadline International||Application Deadline Domestic|
|Term 2 2017||01 April 2017||03 April - 18 June 2017||17 February 2017||03 March 2017|
|Term 3 2017||24 or 25 June 2017||26 June - 10 September 2017||12 May 2017||26 May 2017|
|Term 4 2017||16 September 2017||18 September – 03 December 2017||18 August 2017||04 August 2017|
|Term 1 2018||06 or 07 January 2018||08 January - 25 March 2018||10 November 2017||08 December 2017|
Term dates include exam week.