Graduate Diploma of Management
Expert insights into a particular field of management are the focus of our Graduate Diploma of Management. This program is designed for tomorrow’s functional business leaders and those who want to consolidate work experience or advance their career.
With a relevant and practical grounding in management delivered over eight course units, opportunities to advance your career are immediate. Or you can choose to use the program as a firm foundation to progress to the Master of Business Administration.
Graduate Diploma of Management quick facts
|Two centres of learning|
State-of-the-art lecture theatres and modern, well-equipped, syndicate rooms at:
|Costs of tuition|
See the MGSM Fees
The units that make up the Graduate Diploma program have been specifically chosen to ensure that students develop a deep knowledge of essential core business areas whilst providing flexibility for individual interests. A manager must be able to understand money, people, markets and strategy, and successfully apply this knowledge in the workplace. The following units that form the Graduate Diploma give you a solid grounding in all of these areas:
- Accounting for Management
- Marketing Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Strategic Frameworks
Students choose three of the following four units to complete as part of the Graduate Diploma.
- Information and Decision Analysis
- Economic Context of Management
- Financial Management
- Operations Management
An additional elective unit is required to be completed during the Graduate Diploma and is chosen from our wide range of elective units. Some elective units have pre-requisite units, check the Unit Guide for more information on any specific elective.
Duration and time
- The Graduate Diploma can be completed in 12 months of full-time study or up to 24 months of part-time study, depending on timetable availability.
- Each course unit involves 40 hours of face-to-face lectures, and an additional workload of up to 140 hours over the 10-week term. Students spend this time preparing for lectures, projects, presentations and exams, as well as completing individual and group assignments.
- The Graduate Diploma is available at our North Ryde, Sydney CBD and Hong Kong campuses.
- Prospective students should have an undergraduate degree and a minimum of three years’ relevant work experience at a managerial or professional level for direct entry into the Graduate Certificate.
- If you do not have an undergraduate degree but can demonstrate a minimum of five years' relevant work experience at a managerial or professional level, you may also be eligible for entry.
English language requirements
Applicants who are relying on qualifications gained in countries where English is not the first spoken language may be required to demonstrate proficiency in English.
Applicants should arrange their own test and gain at least an IELTS of 6.5 overall (minimum 6.0 in each band) or equivalent.
Other English language tests recognised by MGSM are listed here: https://www.mq.edu.au/study/international-students/how-to-apply/english-language-requirements
* MGSM reserves the right, in addition to the above, to administer further testing.
MGSM has a four term academic year and students can elect to start their program at the beginning of any term. Terms consist of ten weeks of class, one week for exams and one week vacation.
Upcoming MGSM term dates
|Term/Year||Study Ready Workshop||Class Dates||Application Deadline International||Application Deadline Domestic|
|Term 1 2019||05 January 2019||07 January - 24 March 2019||09 November 2018||07 December 2018|
|Term 2 2019||30 March 2019||01 April - 16 June 2019||08 February 2019||01 March 2019|
|Term 3 2019||22 June 2019||24 June - 08 September 2018||10 May 2019||24 May 2019|
|Term 4 2019||14 September 2019||16 September – 01 December 2019||02 August 2019||16 August 2019|
Term dates include exam week.