Master of Management
Your management career starts here
The MGSM Master of Management has been developed specifically for recent graduates and early career professionals.
The program is delivered by the same highly qualified faculty as our MBA and is designed to provide deep experiential learning within contemporary business settings and practical application of learning to real and current corporate challenges.
Practical experience is further extended through the compulsory professional practice unit. This double unit provides the student with the opportunity to work on a project with a local or global organisation and in the process, develop the skills young professionals need in diverse, dynamic and challenging work environments.
Master of Management quick facts
Who is the Master of Management designed for ?
This program is designed for students who have recently graduated from an undergraduate degree from any disciplinary background and who are looking to build up their skills and experience for a career in business management or management consultancy.
Professional practice unit
Equivalent to two units of study, professional practice leverages MGSM's close links to business. Working with a leading Australian or multi-national company, you will gain exposure to business practices and professional skills needed on your path to future leadership roles.
Duration and time
The Master of Management is undertaken over 2 years of full-time study at the pace of 2 units per term. Students who possess an undergraduate degree in business related areas may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning for up to 4 units enabling completion of the program over 18 months of full-time study.
Each course unit involves 40 hours of face-to-face lectures, and an additional workload of up to 140 hours over the 10-week term. Students spend this time preparing for lectures, projects, presentations and exams, as well as completing individual and group assignments.
Applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree from a recognised tertiary institution.
Individuals wishing to apply for the Master of Management must submit:
- Complete application form
- Proof of residence (certified copy of visa, passport or birth certificate)
- Certified copy of academic transcripts
- Statement of personal aims and achievements
- 2 Referee Reports
Important: Documents not in English must be accompanied by certified translations.
Note that the admission into the program will be subject to the discretion and approval of the MGSM Academic Committee.
- The domestic fee per course unit for 2017 will be $4,000‡ and International will be $4,452. We suggest you also allow approximately $120 per course unit for textbooks.
- Students who withdraw from the course unit after the census date will not be entitled to a refund of fees except in the case of exceptional circumstances.
- Australian students will be charged on a term-by-term basis for the number of units enrolled in that term.
- Temporary residents and international students must pay 25 per cent of the annual full-time fee in advance. The documentation you will need to apply for a student visa (the Confirmation of Enrolment) will be issued after we receive this payment.
- FEE-HELP is available to support eligible students in paying tuition fees.
- For information on any taxation benefits you may accrue from undertaking a full-fee paying program, consult your financial adviser.
‡ MGSM reviews its fees annually and from time to time this will result in increases in the fee per unit.
English language requirements
Applicants who are relying on qualifications gained in countries where English is not the first spoken language may be required to demonstrate proficiency in English.
English language tests recognised by MGSM are International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Applicants should arrange their own test and gain at least the following scores:
|IELTS||6.5 overall (minimum 6.0 in each band)|
TOEFL - paper
TOEFL - internet
* MGSM reserves the right, in addition to the above, to administer further testing.
MGSM has a four term academic year and students can elect to start their program at the beginning of any term. Terms consist of ten weeks of class, one week for exams and one week vacation.
Upcoming MGSM term dates
|Term/Year||Study Ready Workshop||Class Dates||Application Deadline International||Application Deadline Domestic|
|Term 2 2017||01 April 2017||03 April - 18 June 2017||17 February 2017||17 March 2017|
|Term 3 2017||24 or 25 June 2017||26 June - 10 September 2017||12 May 2017||26 May 2017|
|Term 4 2017||16 September 2017||18 September – 03 December 2017||18 August 2017||04 August 2017|
|Term 1 2018||06 or 07 January 2018||08 January - 25 March 2018||10 November 2017||08 December 2017|
Term dates include exam week.